A common question for our restoration technicians during the emergency dry out is how much extra on my power bill is this going to cost me? To dry out structures there are certain pieces of equipment like air movers, dehumidifiers, he-pa air scrubbers. To achieve a dry standard these tools are very important but they require certain amounts of power (amps) to run them. Most of your house hold circuits are 15 to 20 amps and your dryer and stove outlets are 25-40 amps.The wall outlets in your home (15-20) amps are a 110 volt and the dryer and stove outlets are a 220 volt. We if convenient for the home owner will utilize these outlets to run our equipment. The answer to the question above is simple math AMPS x VOLTS x 24 /1000 x COST PER KILO WATT HOUR= COST PER DAY. For example we have 10 air movers, 3 dehus, and 1 air scrubber on the project. The air movers pull 3 amps, dehus 8 amps, and the air scrubber 5 amps. All are being run off of the wall outlets at 110 volts, and the areas cost per kilo watt hour is .09. Air movers amps = 30 Dehus amps = 24 Air scrubbers amps= 5. Total amps are 59 x110 x 24 / 1000 x .09 = cost per day. The cost per day is $14.02, which is almost always paid for by your insurance provider.
This year for the first time First Restoration Services is holding it’s Superbowl Squares Challenge. It was easy and we were able to quickly get 100 signatures sign up from some of our favorite customers, they will have a chance to win an ipod, blueray player, t.v. or gift card. We filled up our slots so quickly we wish we could’ve done more than 1.
But that didn’t stop us from making February just as fun. First Restoration Services will be doing a Valentine’s Day Dinner Sweepstakes. The week before Valentine’s Day everyone on our email list will be invited to call in on a specified day to be the lucky winner to win a full couples night out full expenses paid dinner by First Restoration Services. It doesn’t get any better. Keep posted for more cool events.
It takes practice to be a good listener. Most of us would rather talk than listen!
The next time your spouse or kids are telling you a story,practice the following techniques:
1. Lean in.
2. Nod in agreement.
3. Open up-no crossed arms.
4. Reflect back what you think you heard.
5. As always maintain good eye contact.
Make it an awesome week!
When it snows the roads are covered with salt and sand to help melt it. Which the sand, salt and grime gets on your vehicle and the underneath of it. It is a good idea to go through the car wash to rinse this off of the vehicle to keep it from starting to rust or to cause any other kind of damage.
1. Learn everything about your customers. Understand them at a deep level. Know what motivates them. Know what they aspire to and what they fear.
2. Stand for something important to your customers. Let them know that you share their values.
3. Interact with your customers as if they were your partners. Respect them. Listen to them. Collaborate with them. Co-create new products and services with them.
4. Grow with your current customers. Identify how you can meet more and more of their needs. It is much less expensive to sell a current customer one more thing than it is to gain a new customer.
5. Innovate. Don’t rest on your laurels. Anticipate your customers’ needs. Give them something that they would really appreciate but perhaps had never conceived of before.
6. Become adept at social media. It is not the “end all” in marketing, but you need to know how to interact with your customers in this space.
7. Know that mass marketing is gone forever. The name of the game today is one-on-one marketing or at least customer segment marketing.
8. Outstanding service is the “cost of entry” in today’s world. You must deliver it consistently over time. If you don’t, you will lose market share.
9. Don’t forget about your customer facing employees. They are essential in creating your brand’s impression. Hire them carefully, train them well and incent them to support your brand’s promise.
10. Have fun in what you do. Love your work. Your enthusiasm will be contagious.